In order to expand our ability to create value for our customers, CBT is committed to the lean philosophy of engaging the
entire workforce in continuous improvement (Kaizen) in all facets of our business. Key Elements of our operational
- Engaging the Lean philosophy in our daily work. Lean starts with the idea of defining value from the eyes of our customer.
Using that definition anything that does not create value for our customer is defined as waste.
- Every part. Every task. Everyday. At the heart of our efforts are talented people trained in lean methodologies who
skillfully find innovative and sustainable waste eliminating solutions. Improvements often come in small packages however these little
- Quality - We exploit wherever possible mistake proofing opportunities to ensure that product / information is fit for
use at the next operation. Employees are authorized and encouraged to "stop work" when non-conforming conditions exist,
providing the best chance to uncover primary causes and deploy robust solutions.
- Cost - Wasted time and effort adds cost to all members of the value stream. Value Steam Mapping is a lean tool that is used
frequently to shed light on areas of opportunity.
- Delivery - Improved information and material flow creates a more agile environment, equipped to respond to rapidly changing demand.
For example, Lean Workcells are a common feature of our manufacturing environment.